[dev-context] context program, mtxrun question?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:32:40 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> Mac (gwtex, mactex) also uses texmf.local. (Well, also many others,
>> but that one is most evident.)
>
> Try this: if you run
>
>  $ kpsewhich texmf.cnf
>
> when there are *no* variables set, what file does it return?
> Extending the lua function is easy, we just need to know how.
>
> Actually, I just tried that on my machine and it seems that
> it first tries three things we don't do:
>
>   /opt/tex/texmf-linux/bin/texmf.cnf
> and
>   /opt/tex/texmf-linux/texmf.cnf
> and
>   /opt/tex/texmf.cnf
>
> the third of those should capture your file, right?

Yes, thanks :)
I only need to test this a bit more.

>> I have just tested it and it didn't work as expected.
>>
>> MK II:
>>
>>>  texexec --make --xtx --all
>>
>> (formats have always flied to texmf-osx-intel so far)
>
> This depends on your actual texmf.cnf settings. Likely
> they are not quite te same as the ENV variables used to be.
>
> Esp, check TEXFORMATS.

TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFPROJECT,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFCONTEXT,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}
TEXFORMATS    = .;$TEXMF/web2c{/$engine,}

>> I can't find the format file `cont-en.fmt'!
>
> Same issue here. To get back to what you used to have,
> you probably want these two in texmf.cnf:
>
>  TEXMFOS    = $SELFAUTODIR
>  TEXFORMATS = .;$TEXMFOS/web2c/{$engine,}

Great, thanks :) This works wonderful :)

mkii is now (almost) setuptex-free? I need to check the rest, but I'm
already fixing this one.

Mojca