[dev-context] context program, mtxrun question?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri May 23 17:26:41 CEST 2008

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>>> To /tmp, but there is no $TMP or $TEMP defined anywhere.
>> weird, maybe they use some apple name, like $WASTEBIN or $THRASH
>
>   We already had that discussion: very few systems actually set TMP or
> TEMP (the first public releases of Mark IV used to assume it was set,

few? afaik all windows and linux systems -)

> and subsequently created luatex-cache in the current directory since it
> wasn't).

anyhow, taco and i decided now to default as follows: if CACHEPATH is
not set:

         cachepath = os.env["TEXMFCACHE"] or os.env["TMP"] or
os.env["TEMP"] or os.env["TMPDIR"] or os.get["HOME"] or
os.env["HOMEPATH"] or nil

in texmfcnf.lua one can set up his/her personal preferences

(both taco and i use $TEMP cq. $TMP)