[dev-context] context program, mtxrun question?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri May 23 17:56:34 CEST 2008

> few? afaik all windows and linux systems -)

  No :-)  I have to insist like one year ago, *no* Linux machine I have
an account on does set TMP or TEMP (using various distributions).  Maybe
that's a shell problem, I don't know, but on any case you can't rely on it.

> anyhow, taco and i decided now to default as follows: if CACHEPATH is
> not set:
>
>          cachepath = os.env["TEXMFCACHE"] or os.env["TMP"] or
> os.env["TEMP"] or os.env["TMPDIR"] or os.get["HOME"] or
> os.env["HOMEPATH"] or nil

  Sounds reasonable, but why not test for the existence of the /tmp
directory also?

	Arthur