[dev-context] context program, mtxrun question?

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Tue May 27 15:11:17 CEST 2008

>> Actually I've just realized that $TMPDIR isn't set for root. Most
>> probably this is why LuaTeX chose my home folder (sudo -s made me
>> root!) during database and format generation as its fall-back cache
>> location because there was no $TMPDIR. Still, LuaTeX should've used
>> the cache path specified in texmfcnf.lua in the first place.
>
> Just checking: does
>
>  /usr/local/context/2008-05-26-beta/texmf-cache
>
> exist and is it writeable for everybody?

It exists but used to have permissions 775 which were the ones rsync
set. Changed them to 777 and retried database generation as normal
user first.

The directory above (set in texmfcnf.lua) is still ignored. Since
$TMPDIR exists for a normal user LuaTeX chooses this one for its cache
location.

After wiping all luatex-cache directories from my machine I made
another fresh attempt at database generation, this time as root. Again
the cache settings in texmfcnf.lua are ignored and since there's no
$TMPDIR for root LuaTeX resorts to $HOME.

Oliver