[dev-context] System fonts and name access

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:30:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

with MkIV it is possible to use fonts in system directories
(C:\windows\fonts etc.)
but this works only if you use the file name of the font and not with
the font name.

The reason for this is a bug in font-syn.lua in the
'fonts.names.getpaths' function
which is called from 'font.name.identify' to extract the name
information from the fonts.

Another problem are fonts with file extension in uppercase letters,
none of then is
read when I generate the font database, can we add 'TTF' and 'TTC' to
'fonts.names.filters.list' in font-syn.lua.

Regards,
Wolfgang