[dev-context] feature interiance

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Aug 28 11:17:31 CEST 2008

Hi Wolfgang, Hans,

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \definefontfeature[latin-default]  [default]
> [script=latn,expansion=quality,protrusion=pure]
> \definefontfeature[latin-smallcaps][smallcaps][script=latn,expansion=quality,protrusion=pure]
> \definefontfeature[latin-oldstyle] [oldstyle]
> [script=latn,expansion=quality,protrusion=pure]

It seems life would be easier if we would have a way to push
merged feature settings downward, something like this:

   \definefontfeature
     [plushz] % no inheritance, on purpose !
     [expansion=quality]
   \definetypeface [][][][][][extrafeatures=plushz]

That would then be functionally equivalent to

   \definefontfeature
     [plushz] % no inheritance, on purpose !
     [expansion=quality]
   \definefontfeature
     [<xxx>]
     [plushz]
   \definetypeface [][][][][]

for any <xxx> that is set up by the \definefontsynonyms.

Best wishes,