[dev-context] metafun & textext problems in mkiv

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 11:49:42 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hello Hans,
>>
>> this fails in mkiv:
>>
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> \starttext
>> \startMPpage
>> picture p;
>> p := textext("abc");
>> draw p withcolor red;
>> draw p shifted (3cm,0) withcolor blue;
>> \stopMPpage
>> \stoptext
>
> this is because text is handled at the tex end and color happens with
> attributes; i can hack a solution but i'm still wondering if it is really
> needed (will make code dirty)

It's not only about "color doesn't work" (though it would be really
nice if it would, but there have been many incompatibilities in that
respect since the introduction of \sometxt anyway), but the picture
also gets lost second time when it's used. I only get one "abc" and
empty space instead of the second one.

(The third problem mentioned turned out to be just a bug in my code
that happened to work with an older version of mkiv.)

Mojca