[dev-context] derived colors (mkiv)

Peter Rolf peter.rolf at arcor.de
Thu Sep 25 16:48:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

there is currently no bookkeeping ('name-->id') for derived colors in
mkiv; i.e. \definecolor[foo] [black] does not register 'foo'.

\csname(ca:foo)\endcsname

is the only way to access the color id. While this in no problem in TeX
code, using this in lua is not very handy. I tried ugly stuff like

c_id = format("\\csname(ca:%s)\\endcsname",c)

but when I compare 'c_id' with the id of black, the values '1' and 1 (id
of black) differ when compared. Mhhhh.

I think that the best way to handle derived colors properly is to add
their name to the attributes list too. It's only a small patch and it
shouldn't do any harm.

Best wishes, Peter