[dev-context] derived colors (mkiv)

Peter Rolf peter.rolf at arcor.de
Thu Sep 25 17:32:44 CEST 2008

Peter Rolf schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> there is currently no bookkeeping ('name-->id') for derived colors in
> mkiv; i.e. \definecolor[foo] [black] does not register 'foo'.
>
> \csname(ca:foo)\endcsname
>
> is the only way to access the color id. While this in no problem in TeX
> code, using this in lua is not very handy. I tried ugly stuff like
>
> c_id = format("\\csname(ca:%s)\\endcsname",c)
>
> but when I compare 'c_id' with the id of black, the values '1' and 1 (id
> of black) differ when compared. Mhhhh.
>
> I think that the best way to handle derived colors properly is to add
> their name to the attributes list too. It's only a small patch and it
> shouldn't do any harm.

.... I forgot to test the existense of a 'name' :(
hopefully now foolprooved.

        if name then
            local stra = attributes.list[attributes.numbers['color']][str]
            if stra then
                attributes.list[attributes.numbers['color']][name] =
stra -- inherit color id
            else
                attributes.list[attributes.numbers['color']][name] =
attributes.list[attributes.numbers['color']][black]
            end
        end