[dev-context] new context and luatex packages for Debian

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 1 19:17:55 CET 2008

Hi Sanjoy,

On Mo, 01 Dez 2008, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> One of my two tests is a slightly newer version of the mathematics
> textbook that I sent you.  I can send you the newer math textbook if
> that's useful.  Now that the Euler problem is fixed (see below), I'll
> probably use Euler for the equations, so you'll have a test suite using
> Palatino and Euler.

Great!!!

> The other test is the physics textbook ("Art of Approximation").  The
> physics textbook uses two Python scripts that I wrote plus mercurial.
> If you don't mind testing Python as a side effect of testing the Debian
> packages, I can send you a version of the physics textbook that still
> uses Python but doesn't depend on mercurial (or I can send you the
> vanilla version with all those deps).

I have mercurial 1.0.1-5.1 installed, but I guess you were talking about
access to the mercurial repository you are using.

In any case I am happy with *any* test docuemnt, and I don't mind
testing python on the way ;-)

>   texexec --passon=-recorder test.tex

Yup, I have also seen Taco's email. That is good, the most important
option in life ;-)

> So I had an interfering version of math-eul.tex.  When I deleted it, the
> test file compiled fine.  Sorry for the noise.

Good to hear it resolved, and what is coming from you is never noise,
you *do* real testing, while others complain without testing and trying
to fix it themselves. Please continue with that noise!

Best wishes

Norbert