[dev-context] [Dev-luatex] Luatex beta 0.31.2

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Dec 21 19:02:39 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:30:25AM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Khaled Hosny wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:49:29AM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >>   * A small fix for a crash that could happen when using
> >>     external OCPs.
> >
> > Thanks for the fix. Another issue, with external OCPs, luatex easily
> > exceeds maximum open files limit on linux an segfaults. A 20 pages
> > ConTeXt file has around 3000 /tmp/__aleph__{in,out}* open files. I had
> > to increase the max. limit to get around this.
>
> There was a missing fclose() in run_external_ocp. Fixed in SVN.

This actually fixes half the issue, luatex were keeping to open
instants of each output file and one of each input file, now it keeps
one of each. It turned out that each input and output file is opened
twice because mkstemp() opens the newly created file and returns a file
descriptor. The attached patch, almost copied from Omega's omegabis.c
file, takes care of this.

Regards,

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team