[dev-context] luatex beta 0.38.0
taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Apr 10 12:49:38 CEST 2009
I have just uploaded luatex 0.38.0.
This is a beta in the process towards 0.40.0, the version that
will be included in texlive 2009. This beta will be shortlived,
the plan is to release the next (hopefully last) intermediate
beta within a week.
* tex.enableprimitives() had a bug were previously defined (but
currently undefined) control sequences prevented the creation
of the new csname.
* The special calling format callback.register('name', false)
not only disables the callback, but also the builtin code it
is supposed to replace.
* Empty \localleftbox and \localrightbox -es are now suppressed.
* Support for <f>.MathConstants.SubscriptShiftDownWithSuperscript
was added, to solve the lack of "sub2" in OpenType math.
* Luatex now supports horizontal super- and subscript placement
corrections via the OpenType MATH mathkern table. See the
manual for details.
* node.write() no longer copies its argument node list before
* There are six new primitives that are verbose forms
of one and two byte special tokens:
* The attribute node leaks in math mode and alignmetns have been
* The 11 simple math noads are now combined into a single "noad"
* Static linking against libstdc++ is working once again.
* There is a small fix in the keyword scanner to solve the
problem of 'Runaway ... while scanning ???' that could happen
for some primitives.
* Lua now also has the "architecture independent bytecode"
* Lua is updated to version 5.1.4 with coco patches 1.1.5, and
lpeg is now 0.9.
* Some TRT/TLT backend bugs are fixed.
* Various manual updates.
The archives (now including source again) can be downloaded from
supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.38.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-context