[dev-context] piping to ConTeXt

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 24 13:58:47 CEST 2009

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> a more context friendly way would be to load a module that defined a
>> few commands, like
>
> I think that is not the point. The point is that sometimes you want
> to pipe input directly into context, and you simply can't at the
> moment, because context and texexec refuse to run without an input
> file name.

sure, that's why we have --pipe now

> Everything else that is discussed in this thread is just a distraction.

indeed, but since we're discussing asymptote support it makes sense to
see how we do it as convenient as possible (for instance i can imagine
that graphics made that wat somehow need to match the parent doc and so)

as a side effect, "context --global m-asymp" with m-asymp being an empty
file or one defining a few helpers would automatically enter scroll mode
  -)