[dev-context] use of \phantombox doesn't match its definition

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 6 05:25:06 CEST 2009

In trying to install the latest context on my system, I installed
texlive 2008, then the 2009.06.04 context, and rebuilt the formats.

Using texlive 2008 solved my problems with the Palatino fonts not being
found (compared to when I was using the latest context with texlive
2007).  However, the following file fails on my laptop, and on the live
Context (also 2009.06.04, texlive 2008):

\newbox\phantombox
\def\lowest#1{\setbox\phantombox=\vbox{\vphantom{$\displaystyle{#1}$}}}
\def\support{\copy\phantombox}

\starttext

\startformula
\lowest{Q}
\underbrace{\support Q}_{dx}
\stopformula

\stoptext

The error is:

! Use of \phantombox doesn't match its definition.
\lowest #1->\setbox \phantombox =
                                 \vbox {\vphantom {$\displaystyle {#1}$}}
l.8 \lowest{Q}

Changing all uses of \phantombox to \phantomboxff fixes the problem, so
maybe there's a name clash, but I couldn't find it in the context source
code.

-Sanjoy