[dev-context] removing .pgf file with --purgeall

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:48:13 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 17:48, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hello Hans,
>>
>> may I request removing \jobname.pgf when doing context/ctxtools
>> --purgeall (in both mkii/mkiv)? That's a file that TikZ creates by
>> default (similar to \jobname-mpgraph*, only serving a different
>> purpose) and is only needed when a document is compiled on computer
>> without tikz installed.
>
> is this name configureable? can we turn it into something \jobname-temp.pgf
> or so? (as we do with the mp temp files)
> or maybe \jobname-pgfgraphic.pgf or so.

I don't believe that it's configurable (though it could be possible to
send a request to Till Tantau). The code is just:

\def\pgfutil at aux@read at hook{
  \pgfutil at IfFileExists{\jobname.pgf}{\input \jobname.pgf\relax}{}
  \csname newwrite\endcsname\pgfutil at auxout
  \csname openout\endcsname\pgfutil at auxout\jobname.pgf
}

Is the main concern being afraid of removing some file with the same ending?

Mojca