[dev-context] removing .pgf file with --purgeall

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:50:07 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 09:55, Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> ctxtools becomes obsolete
>>
>> I would have used context --purge, but that one doesn't purge the junk
>> that mkii generates.
>>
>> But there only 6 characters to add to this list it ctxtools, right?
>> (OK, a bit more to handle both requests.)
>>
>>    $forsuresuffixes = [
>>        "tui", "tua", "tup", "ted", "tes", "top",
>
> so:
>
>        "pgf", "synctex.gz",

It seems to work (almost) OK, thanks a lot. I have made a tiny minor
mistake though.

$forsuresuffixes cleans the files on "--purge" while $texnonesuffixes
cleans them on "--purge --all".

So it might be slighty better to have

    $forsuresuffixes = [
        "tui", "tua", "tup", "ted", "tes", "top",
        "log", "tmp", "run", "bck", "rlg",
        "mpt", "mpx", "mpd", "mpo", "mpb",
        "ctl", "synctex.gz(busy)",
        "tmp.md5", "tmp.out"
    ]
    $texonlysuffixes = [
        "dvi", "ps", "pdf"
    ]
    $texnonesuffixes = [
        "tuo", "tub", "top", "tuc", "pgf", "synctex.gz"
    ]

but now I'm already too annoying, so you may just as well ignore the
notice above :) :)

On the other hand
(1) neither "context --purge" nor "context --purge --all" remove the .synctex.gz
(2) running "context somefile" deletes somefile.synctex.gz
none of which is probably the desired effect.

I have been scratching my head about (2) for quite some time, but then
I figured out that it indeed makes sense to delete the synctex file.

The problem with (1) is that
    local suffix = file.extname(name)
only returns .gz and that one is not properly recognized when compared
with "synctex.gz".
Apart from that I would put "pgf" and "synctex.gz" under
"persistent_runfiles" rather than "temporary_runfiles" (like in mkii).

Mojca