[dev-context] problem with TikZ & ConTeXt MKIV

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:18:45 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 17:49, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>> With 2009.07.20 09:35 MKIV & latest TikZ I get (among many other
>>> errors that follow)
>>>
>>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>>> \pgfutil at addpdfresource@colorspaces ...olorspaces
>>>                                                 {#1}
>>> l.396 ...rspaces{ /pgfprgb [/Pattern /DeviceRGB] }
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> I don't know if that's a problem with TikZ or ConTeXt (no time to
>>> debug now, but maybe I can try to prepare some minimal example that
>>> fails; later). ConTeXt MKII works fine on the same document.
>>
>> A minimal (or even not so minimal) example will surely help. If it is
>> something on the ConTeXt side, we can add it to the mkii compatibility
>> module, m-mkii.mkiv.
>
> probably only a few lines patch in some of the tikz context files is needed
>
> indeed having a sample + the latest version helps (the problem is that i
>  normally keep all tex stuff in my main texlive tree, and only updates that
> once per year as it is some reference)

Not sure if minimal example is needed: I suspect that almost anything breaks ...

\usemodule[tikz]
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
\fill[gray] (1,1) rectangle +(1,1);
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

TikZ gets updated on regular basis from CVS. I cannot say which
version exactly I'm using (how do I check that easily?), but ChangeLog
mentions "2009-07-08" as the latest entry. I suspect that recent
changes in MKIV broke functionality, not recent changes in TikZ
itself.

To Hans (and Till Tantau as well): you can get the latest version with
--extras=t-tikz in ConTeXt minimals (that's what I am using).

I just wanted to check if sectioning has been fixed, but I didn't
manage to compile the document at all (later on there were some other
problems). Starting with
    ! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.
and going to infinity ... :) If that means that I need a more recent
version of LuaTeX then I'm not going to try it out now.

Mojca