[dev-context] appendtoks / csname

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jul 20 22:35:48 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I look for a convient way to use \appendtoks with a token list
> which is accessed with \csname ... \endcsname, e.g.
>
>   \appendtoks <something> \to\csname <mytoks>\endcsname
>

> This works when I enclose the \csname/\endcsname pair in braces
>
>   \appendtoks <something> \to{\csname <mytoks>\endcsname}
>
> but this did not look very pleasant to my eyes.
>

> I thought something similar to \addvalue would be nice
>
>   \addtoks{<mytoks>}{<something>}

actually, i'm considering an extra set but with a different syntax, like

\appendtotoks\name{...} which sometimes saves passing an argument

but there is some trickery in the current macros that keeps {} that
needs to be preserved; also, on the luatex agenda is an append primitive
so we need to cleanup this bit anyway

i'll give it a thought