[dev-context] Mac installation package

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:37:21 CEST 2009

Am 19.08.2009 um 10:43 schrieb Oliver Buerschaper:

>> Well, it seems that your instructions did basically work, since the
>> module simplefonts is loaded. But nevertheless the simple test file
>> aborts and complains about " Undefined control sequence. l.707
>> \startprocesscommacommand[\simplefonts!weight]".
>>
>> Do you have an idea what went wrong on my side?
>
> Yes. Although the module is found it crashes during initialization.
> Observe that
>
> ---
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>

> \starttext
>
> This tests whether the module \type{t-simplefonts} is loaded
> successfully.
>
> \stoptext
> ---
>
> already hangs. The reason is that the latest version of the t-
> simplefonts module (which is the one you obtained) makes use of
> ConTeXt kernel commands (\startprocesscommacommand) which seem to
> have only been introduced lately. In other words, the version I
> packaged into the experimental installer is too old for the current
> module. So not your fault.

You're right and the command was added *for* the simplefonts module :)

> Keep in mind though that this might happen frequently without
> warning since you're working with development code here. For the
> moment I'm merely trying to establish something along the lines of a
> nightly installer build ... since there's no regression test suite I
> can't even test whether anything works but the most basic features.
> Also, modules don't check for a minimum kernel version required :-(

There is a command to check the context version

%D \macros
%D   {doifolderversionelse}
%D
%D We start with a macro specially for Aditya who wants to be able
%D to use development versions of \MKIV\ for real documents.
%D
%D \starttyping
%D \doifolderversionelse\contextversion{2001.02.03}{yes}{no}
%D \doifolderversionelse\contextversion{3001.02.03}{yes}{no}
%D \stoptyping

and end the module and output a message in the terminal but then you
will
you will get a error message in the document itself because a few
commands
(e.g. \setmainfont) are no longer defined.

Wolfgang