[dev-context] Mac installation package

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Aug 24 00:17:58 CEST 2009

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 23.08.2009 um 22:06 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>>> I thought about integrating the version check into \setupmodule because
>>> the command is only used in modules and available in MkII and MkIV but
>>> Thomas and Aditya use it in the simpleslides module to pass parameters to
>>> the module and this a few times at different places and not only at the
>>> start of the file.
>>
>> If you have a suggestion that will make things cleaner, we (Thomas and I)
>> can easily change the internals of simple slides to accomodate that.

> In your module you can either use \getparameters or – what I think you
> want in your module – \setvariables because it's not very different to
> \setupmodule.

I thought that \setupmodule was meant for passing parameters to modules,
mainly because of the following comment in core-fil

% \usemodule[newmml]
% \usemodule[newmml][a=b]
% \usemodule[x][newmml]
% \usemodule[x][newmml][a=b]
%
% \startmodule [mathml]
%   \setupmodule[a=c] \relax [\currentmoduleparameter{a}] % user vars will
be set afterwards
%   \setupmodule[a=c] \relax [\currentmoduleparameter{a}] % user vars are
now forgotten
% \stopmodule

As, \setupmodule is just \getparameters with a few defaults in place,
I can also use \getparamters with \currentmoduleparamters.

> To stop the TeX run we can have
>
> \setupmodule[contextversion=2009.08.22]
>
> at the begin of a module and ConTeXt will abort the run if the key
> 'contextversion' has a value and context is older than the user has
> requested.

Do you want this to check to be part of the definition of \setupmodule?
One difficultly that I see is that typically this will mean that we need
to set this separately for each engine.

Aditya