[dev-context] Mac installation package

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Mon Aug 24 09:52:29 CEST 2009

>> *You* want to write a test suite for ConTeXt?
>
> The test suite is there. There is even a script in the test suit
> that compares the outputs of two versions at pixel level. All we
> need is people to submit tests and then someone to monitor the test
> suite. See
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Test

Yep, I almost forgot about that ... so we have a foundation to build
on! Someone then also needs to decide on which test code conforms to
(current) valid syntax (which is probably *not* just everything that
compiles ... think of deprecated code, hacks, workarounds etc. that
aren't considered best practices).

>> The problem with such systems is they lead always to
>> incompatibilities with ConTeXt installations (think about TeXLive)
>> and we had one at the end of last year when Hans changed the
>> multilingual interface to allow a persian interface.

> minimum kernel version is no guarantee that the module will work
> with future versions of ConTeXT :-)

Yes, but it's a start ...

Oliver