[dev-context] Mathdesign / MnSymbol

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 16:28:00 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 15:01, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 10:37, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> can the mathdesign [1] and mnsymbol [2] fonts be included in the minimals.
>>
>> [1] http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=mathdesign
>> [2] http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=mnsymbol
>
> Oh, so ConTeXt is getting support for MnSymbol? Great!
>
> What files are needed? For MKII or MKIV? All the files? Do you have
> any nice idea how to organize fonts, so that users don't need to fetch
> all the fonts?
>
> I guess that it's OK to just take them from TeX Live tree, we don't
> need the very latest version from CTAN, right?

I added the fonts to current/fonts/extra, but this needs improvement.

Locally you may try to modify bin/mtx-update to fetch those fonts, but
I need some good idea how to handle additional fonts. (I still think
that it would be nice to have some "minimal version" with just LM
installed and some "maxi" version that installs all the modules and
fonts).

Mojca