[dev-context] bibtex not finding style files

Oliver Buerschaper buerschaper at mytum.de
Sat Feb 6 21:46:03 CET 2010

Hi all,

does anyone have a quick suggestion on why bibtex refuses to find cont-no.bst and the other style files?

I do have BSTINPUTS (and BIBINPUTS) set to

BIBINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/bibtex/bib//
BSTINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/bibtex/bst//

which should be fine for the minimals. I can also locate the style files with luatools although that might not affect bibtex at all.

So... compiling the following tex file

---
\setupbibtex
    [database=bib-0005.bib]

\starttext

Default citation style: \cite[Kitaev:2003]

\completepublications

\stoptext
---

with MkIV produces an empty .bbl file and the .blg file says

---
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (TeX Live 2009)
The top-level auxiliary file: bib-0005.aux
I couldn't open style file cont-no.bst
---line 2 of file bib-0005.aux
 : \bibstyle{cont-no
I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
I found no style file---while reading file bib-0005.aux
---

This is a complete mystery to me :-(

Best,
Oliver