[dev-context] Versioning system for modules

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Mar 11 14:20:11 CET 2010

On Do, 11 Mär 2010, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> what are the requirements for version controlled systems? What are the usecases? It is hard to decide which versioning system to use without knowing who needs it and when.

Is that a question coming out of thin air? I would suggest git.

In fact, I was thinking playing around to move texlive to git. If then
luatex/context/pdftex/whatever switches to git pulling and pushin
would be soo much easier.

If there wouldn't be the difficulty to have increasing revisions numbers
easy to be done ...

> Patr... (can't type the rest of my name right now, too complicated)

Too much Sake? Too much wine? ;-)
Even after some glasses of Sake

おやすみなさい

ノルベルト
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
SHIFNAL (n.,vb.)
An awkward shuffling walk caused by two or more people in a hurry
accidentally getting into the same segment of revolving door. A
similar effect is achieved by people entering three-legged races
unwisely joined at the neck instead of the ankles.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff