[dev-context] Luatex 0.51.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Mar 12 15:44:15 CET 2010
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.51.0.
* Various small manual improvements.
* The backend message "cannot open Type 1 font file for reading"
now reports which Type1 font it was looking for.
* Fontforge clears some font names at loading time that will be
refilled in at font generation time, but the fontloader should not
do that. Patch from Khaled Hosny.
* New synctex code imported from TeXLive.
* luamd5/md5.h is renamed to luamd5/luamd5.h to avoid confusion.
* Embedded mplib is now 1.209.
* Some experimental tweaking of buildpage_filter, see the manual
* Luatex now detects kfreebsd (from Alan Braslau)
* The new lua function tex.sp() converts a string to a number
representing scaled points.
* There is now support for revision numbers in the banner and stats
* The command line help and manual documentation page is extended.
* node.hpack() now also accepts "cal_expand_ratio" and "subst_ex_font"
* node.hpack() and node.vpack() now give back the badness of the box
as second return value.
* node.copy_list() now allows a second (stop) argument, this stopper
is not copied.
* new lua functions in lfs: lfs.readlink() and lfs.shortname().
* new lua function tex.tprint() that can combine multiple catcode
regime prints in one function call.
* new lua sub-table: tex.nest (read/write access to the semantic
* New lua functions in kpse: kpse.lookup() and kpse.version(). See
the manual for more details.
* New lua function tex.shipout().
* There problems in the pdf output for Type3 (pk) fonts.
* Fix a bug that allowed bad commandline quoting.
* Fix a bug that sometimes caused crashes when \pdfprotrudechars.
* The build script now exports CONFIG_SHELL to avoid problems with
* The was a bug in the generated /Image /ProcSet.
* status.font_bytes reported the wrong value.
* Lots of compiler warnings are removed (thanks Javier Mugica).
* Patch to fontloader.info() to accept filenames with embedded
* Fix a \write error with docstrip package.
* Fixed a crash on AdobeMyungjoStd-Medium.otf.
* Fix coco stack overflows, needed for lpeg.
* \pdfcompresslevel wasn't initialized for early immediate objects.
* Fix for slanted fonts when HZ was on (slant angle was multiplied).
* When concatenating content streams, put a space between them.
* Allow pfb lines to end with \r as well as \n (for msam10.pfb).
* Fix the internal string->scaled point conversion in the lua
* Memory leaks in the fontloader removed, thanks to patches from
* Fix a crash caused by the combination of coroutines and font.each().
* Support for Type3 .pgc files (nobody used them).
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.51.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-context