[dev-context] audit of commands

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Fri May 7 15:50:23 CEST 2010

Hi Luigi,

On Fri, 07 May 2010 01:41:09 -0600, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Again, ONLY MKIV is under consideration; as far as this book project is
>> concerned, only mkiv exists ;-)
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated!
> I remember a "tally" variable in pdftex that governs the lenght of
> line used in trace commands
> Starting from it, and modifying the pdftew.web, I've produced the
> lists of all macros and their meaning simple put something like
> \tracingmacros3
> etc at the beginning of context.tex and then rebuild the format.
> I can revisit it now for luatex:
> this should still work for TeX macros but  not for Lua functions, I
> believe.

I don't pretend to 100% understand you ;-) but I greatly appreciate this.
I guess is should also be simple enough to ignore the dedicated mkii files
where there are two versions of the macros. How and when can I see that
list?

Or maybe better: post the list on yours or the main wiki page and then we
can all contribute/discuss to make sure it's complete, identify and tag
the deprecated/obsolete/redundant commands, etc...

Peace
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy