[dev-context] audit of commands

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Mon May 10 11:23:18 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 09 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

> So, how about more extensive info. As each command has a unique reference,
> the best approach is to have a separate file for each such entry. I suppose
> that this can be generated from the wiki.

Hello Hans,

Yes, I also like one file per command, it's easier to manage.

> From that it's possible to generate something big (although big pdf's are
> not that much fun) or generate command specific files that are crosslinked
> to the main setup file.

For looking up something, I often open big pdf-files (> 1000 pages), and
the size doesn't matter. But for printing it, I agree. If someone really
wants to print it on A4, the font size must be small and it must be
2-column layout.

> > I imagine the following steps:
> > 1. decision how to structure the commands (lua or xml or ...)
>
> the xml is handy for manipulations but documentation about tex can best be
> done in tex (verbatim can get quite messy in xml)

Thanks for the advice. This is good, because I don't have any experience
with xml.

> > 3. implementation of \showsetup (currently broken anyway)
>
> hm, in what sense broken?

No output:

\usemodule[set-11] \loadsetups % from contextref-env.tex (context-manual)
\starttext
\showsetup{startproject}       % from co-documents.tex (context-manual)
\stoptext

> ambituous -)

Yes, it'll take a long time (I can spend only 2-3 hours per week...).

So what about:
- a new directory
  "http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/contextman/context-commands"
- one tex-file per command