[dev-context] audit of commands

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Tue May 11 22:07:46 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 11 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> It also makes editing the wiki much easier (using also wiki tables
>> instead of HTML tables etc.)
>
> This is definitely true, but for the export there is a simple solution:
> export as xml, feed the output through Tidy, then process with mkiv's
> native xml support.

Hello,

It's not so funny to deal with the actual structure and make conversion tools
like this:
color=red -> optional parameter, <strong>...</strong> -> default value

Also, the editing performance is much higher when using a good editor
instead of html-wiki-forms.

In order to be motivated to spend time on this project, I
- don't want to get blocked by limits (e.g. wiki-limitations), that I
  cannot control
- want to have a well designed structure: ergonomic for editing and
  beautiful (as Hans said: TeX seems to be a good choice)
- want to use my favorite editor for writing the command descriptions

At the moment, I don't really understand how to carry that out using the
wiki... :(

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/