[dev-context] Checksum of original font files stored in the cache?

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:05:58 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
> luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>
>> wrote:

>> Isn't mtxrun --script fonts reload enough ?
>
> Only if you actually see the problem happening, which may
> not be the case. The output could be messed up without any kind of
> warning from the engine.
I mean: one should not simply copy an opentype font into (context)
system and expected things to work.
Checksum should  be check  at every runs, which is useless most of the time:
in a production env. I don't change fonts for long time , and every
change is tested.
Maybe a lua script to install fonts is better -- we can eventually
think to a wxLua gui interface .

--
luigi