[dev-context] Checksum of original font files stored in the cache?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 18 10:48:42 CEST 2010

On 18-6-2010 9:55, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> luigi scarso wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Isn't mtxrun --script fonts reload enough ?
>
> Only if you actually see the problem happening, which may
> not be the case. The output could be messed up without any kind of
> warning from the engine.

is there unique info in the font file that we can use? version number
that is guaranteed unique? if so, we can pass that to the backend

then, if we can determine that something is wrong (a flag in
statistics), we can at the end of a run issue a message, generate that
specific font, flag the tuc file and we get a second run automatically

taco and i can discuss a few such strategies off list