[dev-context] Checksum of original font files stored in the cache?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:09:59 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:05, luigi scarso wrote:

> I mean: one should not simply copy an opentype font into (context)
> system and expected things to work.

Why not? (Do you really want to make things more difficult than they
can be on purpose? Who is going to install polish fonts then ... ?)

> I don't change fonts for long time, and every change is tested.

That's not even entirely true. Fonts in minimals DO change, without
running a special installer. Most of time it is also true that ConTeXt
version probably changes inbetween as well anyway, so font cache will
be rebuilt, but you should not rely on that.

> Maybe a lua script to install fonts is better -- we can eventually
> think to a wxLua gui interface .

Or start expanding fontinst to handle OpenType fonts? Anyone?

Mojca