[dev-context] Checksum of original font files stored in the cache?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 18 11:36:47 CEST 2010

On 18-6-2010 11:05, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:48, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> is there unique info in the font file that we can use? version number that
>> is guaranteed unique? if so, we can pass that to the backend
>
> That almost reminds me on version numbers in ConTeXt files (the number
> written in header that almost never changes). If font vendors are
> equally careful to change version numbers, that doesn't guarantee
> uniqueness.

indeed. but we don't sell ... if you sell you can employ prople to
change numbers (the dates in the context files are more an indication of
whe something showed up)

anyhow, i have been thinking of generating (with each beta) an
automatically added key 'changedate' or so for changed files but i need
to be really bored (or watching a one star movie on tv) to do that