[dev-context] Checksum of original font files stored in the cache?

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 12:17:09 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 18-6-2010 11:40, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>> mtxrun --script fonts reload
>
> this is only needed when you access fonts by name and if a name cannot be
> found, the name cache will be regenerated automatically
And it's ok, because the next runs mkiv will *not* rebuild the cache,
and in mkiv we use fonts mostly by name.
If I understand correctly, checksum or something similar  (why not a
binary cmp then ? just one byte is enough)  must be done at *every*
runs -- make no  sense ,most the times check will be useless .

--
luigi