[dev-context] cont-en.xml

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:41:32 CEST 2010

Am 30.06.10 12:57, schrieb Marius:
> Hello,
>
> I think that the best way is to put command syntax description just
> before its definition in the context file. This way it will be easier
> to keep it always in sync with the code. And most important point here
> is that it must be in sync always. If it is, then we can just generate
> cont-en.xml and other cont-xx.xml files, but also have a syntax
> checker!
>
> Just imagine:
>
> context --check-syntax myfile.tex
>
> shows you which options or commands are experimental, deprecated, and
> which are unrecognized, and suggests the command or option to fix
> that.
>
> What do you think?

The idea is not bad but who is going to do this? Hans implemented
in mkiv the function to check assignments list of valid keys but
this function isn't used because nobody writes the necessary lists
which contexts requires to do these checks and the same will happen
with the system you suggest.

Wolfgang