[dev-context] cont-en.xml

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jul 2 12:21:00 CEST 2010

On 07/02/2010 11:28 AM, Peter Münster wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02 2010, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> The idea is not bad but who is going to do this? Hans implemented
>> in mkiv the function to check assignments list of valid keys but
>> this function isn't used because nobody writes the necessary lists
>> which contexts requires to do these checks and the same will happen
>> with the system you suggest.
>
> That's why I'm eventually going to do this:
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20100508.204345.b5003312.en.html
>
> Perhaps using tex-files like this:
> http://pmrb.free.fr/tmp/context-commands/
>
> Perhaps in this directory:
> http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/contextman/context-commands
> So that everybody can contribute via svn.
>
> But before doing that effort, I still need a bit more feedback...

I think this will be a wasted effort.  I predict that any future
version of context that will be able to do syntax checking is going
to be based on lua for the verification process, not tex macros.

Possibly the internal structure could also be read in from structured
comments in the actual source files as opposed to the current external
xml files (not a bad idea as it increased the chance of everything
staying up-to-date). But even in that case, those comments are much
more likely to be lua or compressed ascii code than actual tex syntax
because interpretation will be done mostly by lua code.

Best wishes,