[dev-context] [Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.61.0 announcement

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Wed Jul 28 21:23:25 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.61.0,
> > the first of the betas toward 0.70.0.
> >
> > New features:
> >
> > * New lua library 'epdf' for introspection of PDF inclusions,
> >  see the manual for details.
>
> Can I then build a luatex script that mimic  pdftoppm & pdftops ?

no --- but definitely nice to have! i refrained from it as it needs many
more includes, libraries (xpdf backends, X?), and helper files, e. g.,
.xpdfrc for managing fonts, lots of new stuff, never touched. But maybe
it's not even difficult after all.

The priority for now is to get it running with poppler, all this
auto*@&#% stuff...

Regards, Hartmut