[dev-context] TLContrib is ready for testing

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 12:50:01 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 07:09, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Is this meant only for packages that cannot be part of TL due the
> restrictions that you mention, or is this also the right place to upload
> normal context modules. If so, is this going to eventually replace
> modules.contextgarden.net upload system?

I have promised Taco to send him a loooooooong list of requests for
modules.contextgarden.net once this repository is up and running. :)
:) :)

Taco, once you are back to this ... the repository works much better
now, but ConTeXt doesn't. I thought at first that
    /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmfcnf.lua
was not adapted yet, but then I figured out that I have
    /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmfcnf.lua
with
    return { TEXMFCACHE = '~/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var' }
that has probably been created for MacTeX only. Any idea how to best
circumvent this? Should we ask Dick to fix texmfcnf.lua to handle both
old and new ConTeXt? But most important of all - why doesn't ConTeXt
handle that already? (Why doesn't it find several versions of
configuration file and just overloads the important bits?)

Mojca

PS: is it possible to have several maintainers of the same package?
Also, I don't mind too much, but it could see a bit strange to see my
name listed as "Author" of LuaTeX. I also suggest some (off-list)
discussion about packaging LuaTeX binaries and the best way to combine
that with minimals & current building process. I plan to drop building
pdfTeX and XeTeX anyway since the building breaks on many platforms
and there is hardly any development being done