[dev-context] Greek without Latin

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Oct 13 00:42:48 CEST 2010

On 12-10-2010 9:24, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> here's a challenging question from the XeTeX mailing list. Somebody
> gave a challenge of how one writes units or rather: if it is possible
> to get rid of latin keyboard entirely, for example if one is able to
> retype \includegraphics[width=10cm,scale=5]{...} in arabic/possibly
> greek interface without using the latin keyboard)?
>
> In either case I think that one should convince the author to take
> ConTeXt instead of LaTeX to rewrite the commands ...

Just take a look at mult-def.lua and you will see that there is already
a persian interface ... defining commands in any language is possible
already right from the start of mkiv.

Anyhow, I just tested it and found out that in the process of adapting
code to some new luatex functionality I didn't set some catcodes right,
so you need the beta that I uploaded a minute ago.

Attached is a file from the test suite.