[dev-context] Typing in footnotes

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Oct 18 07:19:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

Typing in footnote worked (and still works) in MkII. For example:

\starttext
Hello \footnote{Typing in footnote
\starttyping
   test
\stoptyping
}
\stoptext

However, in MkIV this gives:

Runaway argument?
test \stoptyping \endstrut \dostopstoreddescription \egroup \the
\everyafternoteinsert \ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \dododowithbuffer.

system          > error on line 0 in file : File ended while scanning use
of \dododowithbuffer ...

<empty file>

<inserted text>
                 \par
<*> ./backend.tex

I can work around this by using \start-stop buffer outside the footnote
and \typebuffer inside the footnote, but that does not work when the
ConTeXt file is generated from markdown using pandoc.

Is this something that can be fixed (not immediately, but in the long
run). If so, I will open a tracker item for it.

Aditya