[dev-context] \usemodule and prtcatcodes

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 18 15:26:43 CET 2011

On 17-1-2011 7:15, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 17.01.2011 um 17:00 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> much of this goes back a long time .. we used to have only m-* and styles were normally environments; and when defining interface independent environments unprotect makes sense ... we can consider removing that (but then need to check for environments on our machines that use ! etc)
>
> Remove prtcatcodes from modules and environments or only environments?
>
> If such a change happens we can do this for mkiv only because mkii hasn’t a problem with _

you can have a look at the version on the ftp server (i checked all
modules)

in that beta protection is no longer enforced but i think that in some
cases maybe it should

bibl-bib.mkiv    458:      {\startreadingfile
colo-ini.mkiv    223:   {\startreadingfile
java-ini.mkiv    149:           \startreadingfile
meta-ini.mkiv    643:    \startreadingfile
meta-ini.mkiv    843:      \startreadingfile
symb-ini.mkiv    259:   {\startreadingfile
type-ini.mkiv    171:   {\startreadingfile

currently only the last one has it (already had it) as we have these
\s!file etc mem savers there