[Dev-luatex] Major commit today

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Aug 3 20:37:12 CEST 2006

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> The following primitives from Aleph are not present:
>
>    \AlephVersion
>    \Alephminorversion
>    \Alephrevision
>    \Alephversion
>    \OmegaVersion
>    \Omegaminorversion
>    \Omegarevision
>    \Omegaversion
>    \eTeXVersion
>    \eTeXminorversion
>
>    \chardp        (use eTeX's \fontchardp)
>    \charht        (use eTeX's \fontcharht)
>    \charit        (use eTeX's \fontcharit)
>    \charwd        (use eTeX's \fontcharwd)
>    \pageheight    (use pdfTeX \pdfpageheight)
>    \pagewidth     (use pdfTeX \pdfpagewidth)

All reinstated. Not having them available was just unwieldy. The
last six are all aliases of eachother: \pageheight and \pdfpageheight
map to the same command code (\meaning shows \pageheight, I believe).

I have fixed some bugs today, and I have reverted back to strict
Unicode (2^20+2^16 possible characters instead of 2^21) because
in the current layout, that saves near 300Mb in virtual memory size.
Eventually, the affected arrays will become lua hashes, and we can
safely go back to 2^21 then.

Cheers, Taco