[Dev-luatex] Major commit today

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Aug 11 17:02:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

Today's news:

The source now also compiles using the mingw32 cross compiler.
At least, it does on my linux machine, YMMV. Hans says the
executable runs OK on XP, and that is the main thing.

I do not really understand  autoconf all that well, so I
probably made a mess of the build system, but at the moment
I am extremely happy that the cross-compile creates a valid
(non crashing) executable.

After three days of constant fighting (building/installing the
cross-compiler itself, attempting to apply the mingw32 patches
by Siep, and tricking autotools into postponing the configuration
to "configure" (to avoid the need for reautoconf), I do not quite
feel up to the task of cleaning up (e.g some headers are now
duplicated four times).

I will commit what I have in a few minutes. There are still
quite a few problems with the program itself, but I'll have
a look at that after the weekend.