[Dev-luatex] Snapshot 20060818 released

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Aug 19 00:00:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Here is what I did:
>
> 1. comment out lines 7801 and 7901 in latex.ltx

I do not remember having to do that, but it could be just
my memory cells that no longer accept 'hitting enter' as
a noticeable event. Or it could be a difference in latex
(mine was fetched fresh from CTAN yesterday)

> BTW: Taco, what dod you do with \nextfakemath (I just did
> \let\nextfakemath\relax)?

I had \def\nextfakemath{}, that amounts to roughly
the same thing in practice.

The strange thing is: the command doesn't appear to be
necessary anyway. I googled for what it was supposed to do,
but could not quite figure it out.

It was not even clear if it was a really old  (1.5?) or a
really new primitive (1.21?). However, the output does not
strike me as 'wrong' in any way. Bizarre.