[Dev-luatex] [NTG-context] new debian context, upload to Debian

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Thu Dec 21 21:29:52 CET 2006

Hi Norbert,

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:23:29 -0700, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>
wrote:

> Ok, perfect, can someone put me on the dev-luatex list, if you think
> it make sense?  I was working with omega until it was dead (ok, you know
> what I mean), then aleph (same same, but different), so I hope that
> luatex does not go the same way.

Note that luatex is, for all practical purposes, the successor to aleph.
That is, the relevant/most useful portions of aleph have been ported to
luatex, aleph documents can already be run by luatex, and when luatex is
ready for prime time aleph will be obsolete.

Put another way: Omega is a separate project but Aleph has basically
merged with the luatex project.

Best
Idris

--