[Dev-luatex] Repository access + prelim. manual + Snapshot 20061002

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Oct 2 12:23:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

Somewhat delayed, I have just uploaded the `weekly' snapshot.
But first, two other messages:

-----

Thanks to an effort by Fabrice, we now have anonymous (read-only)
access to the subversion repository. The needed command-line is

   svn co svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/luatex

-----

I have started a preliminary reference manual. The source is

   manual/luatexref-t.tex

It is a context source file, and it probably requires the latest
beta (but I have not tested that). It should also compile under
pdftex.

-----

Now for the snapshot itself:

* Some infrastructure changes:

   libs/slnunicode-0.9.1/ renamed to libs/slnunicode/
   libs/zziplib added
   libs/luazip added

   (zziplib is using a different version of autofoo. I know I have
   messed up something in the build process, but the bit we need
   compiles ok so I've postponed attempting to fix it)

* The callback logic has changed quite a bit.

   - all callbacks are now only possible in lua state 0.

   - The callback 'input_line' has disappeared, and is replaced by
     'open_read_file'. One of the return values of that callback
     is a table that defines a 'reader' function for line reading.

     See the manual for further information on this.

   - There are some new callbacks for the reading of various binary
     files. The current ones are:

     "read_ocp_file", "read_vf_file", "read_data_file", "read_font_file",
     "read_map_file".

     The rest of the file types will follow soon (fonts, enc files, and
     images).

   - There are also some new callbacks that 'find' a file's pathname:

     "find_truetype_file", "find_type1_file", "find_image_file"

     here too, more will follow later.

   - the functions from io. that were copied to texio have been removed
     again. The new callbacks do not pass file pointers around, so
     they ere not longer needed

   - the 'open_write_file' is temporarily unavailable

* startup.lua is now always loaded into lua state 0

* The luazip library from kepler is linked in, so there the table 'zip'
   is accessible from all lua states.

Have fun,
Taco

-----

Downloading and installation details:

If you go to

       https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10

you will see that there are two new released files:

* luatex-snapshot-20061002.tar.gz
       This is the source tree.

* luatex-snapshot-20061002-win32.zip
       A cross-compiled (mingw) windows binary. This is a web2c
       based binary, so it needs a texmf.cnf file (It will NOT
       work if you have only miktex installed).

       This executable cannot run dynamically loaded lua dlls. Perhaps
       that can be fixed but I do not know how.