[Dev-luatex] Repository access + prelim. manual + Snapshot 20061002
taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Oct 2 12:23:22 CEST 2006
Somewhat delayed, I have just uploaded the `weekly' snapshot.
But first, two other messages:
Thanks to an effort by Fabrice, we now have anonymous (read-only)
access to the subversion repository. The needed command-line is
svn co svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/luatex
I have started a preliminary reference manual. The source is
It is a context source file, and it probably requires the latest
beta (but I have not tested that). It should also compile under
Now for the snapshot itself:
* Some infrastructure changes:
libs/slnunicode-0.9.1/ renamed to libs/slnunicode/
(zziplib is using a different version of autofoo. I know I have
messed up something in the build process, but the bit we need
compiles ok so I've postponed attempting to fix it)
* The callback logic has changed quite a bit.
- all callbacks are now only possible in lua state 0.
- The callback 'input_line' has disappeared, and is replaced by
'open_read_file'. One of the return values of that callback
is a table that defines a 'reader' function for line reading.
See the manual for further information on this.
- There are some new callbacks for the reading of various binary
files. The current ones are:
"read_ocp_file", "read_vf_file", "read_data_file", "read_font_file",
The rest of the file types will follow soon (fonts, enc files, and
- There are also some new callbacks that 'find' a file's pathname:
"find_truetype_file", "find_type1_file", "find_image_file"
here too, more will follow later.
- the functions from io. that were copied to texio have been removed
again. The new callbacks do not pass file pointers around, so
they ere not longer needed
- the 'open_write_file' is temporarily unavailable
* startup.lua is now always loaded into lua state 0
* The luazip library from kepler is linked in, so there the table 'zip'
is accessible from all lua states.
Downloading and installation details:
If you go to
you will see that there are two new released files:
This is the source tree.
A cross-compiled (mingw) windows binary. This is a web2c
based binary, so it needs a texmf.cnf file (It will NOT
work if you have only miktex installed).
This executable cannot run dynamically loaded lua dlls. Perhaps
that can be fixed but I do not know how.
More information about the dev-luatex