[Dev-luatex] Snapshot 20061013 + manual

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Oct 15 12:24:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

Last friday I uploaded a new snapshot and today I finally
finished updating the manual to go with it. The changes all
relate to startup, file i/o, and callbacks. The main achievement
is: you can now run luatex without it *ever* initializing kpathsea.

Because I am lazy, I have checked in the pdf of the manual
as well, so that I can say: Please look at

https://foundry.supelec.fr/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/manual/luatexref-t.pdf?root=luatex&rev=148&view=log

for all the details. :-)

Have fun,

Taco

-----

Downloading and installation details:

If you go to

       https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10

you will see that there are two new released files:

* luatex-snapshot-20061013.tar.gz
       This is the source tree.

* luatex-snapshot-20061013-win32.zip
       A cross-compiled (mingw) windows binary. This is a web2c
       based binary, so it needs a texmf.cnf file (It will NOT
       work if you have only miktex installed).

       This executable cannot run dynamically loaded lua dlls. Perhaps
       that can be fixed but I do not know how.