[Dev-luatex] Snapshot update
taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Sep 6 15:51:11 CEST 2006
The upload of a new snapshot will be finished in a few moments.
This is a bugfix only, no new features, but I wanted to get this
out of the way quickly.
The list of fixed bugs/problems:
* Previously, including \the inside and argument to \directlua could
result in crashes and failures (due to \the changing a key variable)
* texio.write() failed to clean up correctly so that the string pool
* The lua package.path contained backslashes on windows, but that doesnt
work because lua interpreted them als string escapes
* Assigning large values to one of the tex.toks registers could fill
up main_memory because the memory was never cleared
* tex.toks, tex.count and tex.dimen assignments did not respect
* \directlua containing empty lines made the lua interpreter crash
because of auto-generated \par tokens.
* \string created non-utf-8 output
* Bare bytes with values 0x80-0xBF in the input went unnoticed.
This now raises an utf-8 encoding error
* startup.lua is now searched for by the C code instead of lua
'require'. This eliminates the warning message if it cannot be
found. The search path has also changed slightly: Only the
current directory and the internal equivalent of
More information about the dev-luatex