[Dev-luatex] [NTG-pdftex] What is the unit "nc" supposed to be?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Apr 3 15:02:07 CEST 2007

"Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> writes:

> 2007/4/3, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:
>> 12pt!=12pc, so I suspect the same is true for nds and ncs (assuming
>> anyone actually uses these units, which is doubtful at this stage).
>
> The bug has been in the wild since 2005-08-01, so I agree: Nobody uses
> them. Not even the author of the patch. :-{

Well, at least not with large numbers behind the decimal point.  The
nc is rather easy to break with those (0.6nc does the trick), but you
have to cherry-pick values for breaking nd (9.99998nd is the smallest
value of form x.99998nd that actually breaks).

So it is possible that the author uses nd, and possibly multiples of
0.5nc without seeing the problem.

--
David Kastrup