[Dev-luatex] Benchmark.

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Apr 3 15:08:44 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> A good thing none of the Omega developers will be at EuroTeX this
>> year, I'd have a mind to tell them...
>
> I'll send an email off to Gabor, since this problem will probably
> be present in Omega 2 as well.
>
>> Incidentally, I noticed that quite a few variables were renamed in
>> LuaTeX as compared to the upstream tex.web (underscores added or
>> removed).
>
> I did that, I did it absolutely on purpose, it helped me catch a few
> bugs that went unnoticed *because of* tangle's underscore removal,
> and I do not care at all about the size of diff files.

Hm.  I'd have expected that making an identifier table would have been
the more robust solution rather than changing the source around.
Can't one make web2c or tangle deliver that information?

Do you think that the duplicated assignment I pointed out earlier
might be due to different spellings of the dirptr variable before you
made those changes?

> I will now send that message to Gabor Bella, and then go back to my
> normal mode of actually trying to do actual coding.

I am aware that these sidetracks take a lot of time.  Still, we _do_
get some bugs flattened in the process.

--
David Kastrup