[Dev-luatex] buffer size musings

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Apr 5 15:38:37 CEST 2007

David Kastrup wrote:
> Since LuaTeX has its own complications to take care off with regard to
> utf8, I actually would want to prepare this as a LuaTeX patch.
> Backporting to PDFTeX should be straightforward.

hm, i was thinking that it would be some circular buffer between reading
from file and the normal tex reader (i.e. tex gets bytes and already
handles the utf8 part); so it should work for pdftex too

there is no need to change the current luatex input handling since one
can overload reading from file as well as preprocess input lines